The most important thing is that you enjoy your lessons. If you enjoy your lessons, you'll learn. Remember, English lessons should be like chocolate: they should be good, they should be fun and they should make you want to come back for more.
Lessons and Methods include:
- Focusing on everyday English conversation, reading and writing--informal and formal.
- Assistance with the speaking and writing sections of the TOEFL and IELTS exams.
- Editing for college entrance exams, resumes and cover letters.
- Help with overcoming the fear of phone conversations.
- Tips for learning how to speak like an English native.
- Help with pronunciation and intonation.
- Learning grammar in context--not just from books.
- "Walk-and-Talk" excursions to shops, cafes, supermarkets in the community to practice English.
- English for Special Purposes--Archaeology, Medical, Work and Career English.
- Learning formal and informal speaking and writing.
I teach individuals, groups and virtual classes via Skype and other meeting programs. I work with both ESL students and native-English speakers who want to improve their English.
After five years teaching ESL in Malta (south of Sicily), I now teach ESL/EFL in beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico. This is Mountain Standard Time in the US--which is generally 8 hours earlier than most places in Europe, 9 hours earlier than Russia and Israel and 14 hours earlier than China.
There's no better place to teach English than from America. With all due respect to the British, American English is the new and improved English.
So get in touch with me at email@example.com to pick up where we left off. Or contact me to make this year the
time you learn the most popular language in the world.
About the Author and Teacher
Ilene Springer is:
- The ESL teacher for McDonald's in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- A native-English speaker from the U.S., with an understandable American accent, but also well versed in British English.
- The recipient of the internationally recognized CELTA, issued by Cambridge University, England.
- A teacher of English (American and British) in language schools in Malta from 2009-2014.
- A writer for major American publications including Cosmopolitan, Ladies' Home Journal, The Boston Globe, among others.
- Author of The Diary of an American Expatriate, published by AUK in London, and available on hundreds of sites, including Amazon.com.